Fall, 2018 we will again look for two candidates who will spend a year abroad during the school year of 2019 2020. The below are some key dates that will be confirmed shortly.
- Wednesday October 17 and Thursday October 25 @ 7:00 P.M. – Information Nights at the GPRC in D208. (Theatre entrance). There is nothing to bring but your questions, maybe a notepad, and your parent(s). (If you have two at home, best to bring both please.
- Initial application due November 5, complete District application due November 30(completed only by successful applicants). Please review these carefully. Email details and dates and actual documents are available here
- November 10. This is the day we interview all candidates and their parent(s). It’s important all attend (candidate, parent(s).) At the end of this day – our proposed exchange students for the 2018/19 school year are chosen! The journey of course – has just begun! Location to be announced.
- January 4/5 or January 11/12, 2019. District interview in Edmonton for outbounds and their parents. Mandatory.
- March, 2019. Spring Orientation in Edmonton for outbounds and their parents. Mandatory.
November 2018 – August 2019 – attend weekly Rotary meetings whenever possible
February / March 2019 – students receive information about their host country
March – August 2019 – begin learning a new language
August 2019 – students depart for their host country.
Further notes and important dates on the District page here.